Milk Cake ( Alwar Style)
my favourite Lil Chef Yaman Agarwal
This youngsters talent never ceases to amaze me.
He makes demonstrates meticulously and explains with so well that even a novice will be able to follow.
1 ltr milk
150 gms sugar
A few almonds / pistachios for decoration
A heavy bottomed steel/ iron Kadhai
A flat based spatula/ Pulta
A pinch of alum / a few drops of lemon juice
Donot use an aluminium or nonstick Kadhai as it tends to react and gives it a dirty colour.
I’ve used a steel Kadhai here .
Patience is the key.
1. Heat the milk in the vessel and keep stirring on and off with the spatula so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom or the sides.
2. Check the residue on the spatula .
3. When the milk has reduced to half add in the alum and keep stirring and scraping.
4. It’ll start thickening now .
5. And will leave clotted residue on the spatula.
6. Let it thicken further to a batter like consistency.
8. Add in the sugar 2 tbsp at a time and let it dissolve completely before adding the next batch. If we add all the sugar at one go the milk will curdle.
9. As it thickens further. Mix in the ghee and take it off the heat.
10. Grease a rectangular bread box and pour in the mix.
11. Cover with a lid
12. Encompass this box in a thick towel and leave it on the kitchen shelf on the kitchen shelf undisturbed for 3-4 hour.
13. Tip onto a flat tray and cut into the size u desire
14. Decorate with nuts or a silver foil
15. Amazingly , sinful , delicious milk Cake of Alwar is ready .