Herbed Garlic Buns
Recipe by Rachna Agarwal
Very easy to make and the best part is the aroma of freshly baked bread filling up the whole house .
I have copy pasted her recipe as I followed it completely
Makes : 8-10 rolls of 50-60 gms each / dough consistency : very soft
Refined flour: 300 Gms
Sugar: 15 Gms / 1 tbsp
Salt: 5 Gms/ 1 tsp
Fresh yeast: 10 gms / one small walnut size or
Instant active dry yeast : 2 tsp
Refined oil : 20 ml
Lukewarm water : 200-220 ml
1. Sieve the flour on a marble slab
2. Prepare a solution of yeast , sugar, salt, and water
3. Make a bay in the flour and pour in 80 percent of the solution
4. Combine the solution and the flour at a quick speed
5. Add more solution if required , the dough should be slightly sticky at this point
6. Knead using stretch and fold method , and pick and drop method
7. Add oil and knead again, using stretch and fold method, and palm kneading
8. Collect the dough , with the rounding method
9. Place in a greased bowl, cover with cling film and place the bowl in a warm place
10. As the dough ferments and doubles in size
11. Remove and punch the dough
12. Ferment again till the dough doubles in volume
13. Remove the dough and divide in 8-10 equal rounds, use rounding method to shape each dough
14. Rest the dough for 5-7 minutes
15. Start shaping : single knot, braid, owls eye, 8, spiral, semi spiral etc
16. Place the shaped dough on a greased baking sheet and wash with milk
17. Ferment/pan proof for 12-15 min, in a warm place , till the dough almost doubles in size
18. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degree Celsius, for 8-10 mins .
19. Remove from the oven and pour melted herbed butter on the buns. (melt 2 tbsp of butter n add 1 tsp parsley n 1/2 tsp crushed garlic / garlic paste to the butter . Bake again for 3-4 mins.
20. Cool , at least for 2-3 hours , before consuming
21. Warm and serve with soup, gravies etc.
22. Store wrapped in cling film in an air tight container for 2 days or refrigerate for longer consumption period.